About Me

I am in South America from October 3rd until December 17th! I am spending the month of October volunteering in a child care center in Quito, the capital of Ecuador. Then I have a month and a half to explore Ecuador and Peru!

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Getting ready to go

Hello! Thanks for checking out my blog. I would like to keep in contact with my family and friends while I am in South America and share my journey with you. If you do read my blog and feel like it is useful please let me know or leave a comment on the post so I know if it is useful or if I am just wasting time.

Anyways, I am leaving for Quito, Ecuador on Saturday at 10:30! I have only 5 days left! And I haven't really started packing yet...but I have made a list of what I will need and have been acquiring necessary travel items (sleeping bag, head lamp, pocket knife, bar soap...) over the past couple of months.

I am very excited to go to South America. It is crazy to think that in under a week I will be there! I have been wanting to do a volunteer project in Ecuador for a couple of years. Everything is coming together so perfectly now! I am going to volunteer in a child care center for the first month that I am there. Then I am going to do a bit of traveling in South America before I come home in December. I plan on exploring Ecuador and Peru. I met a few people from Peru while I was working at Beaver Creek Ski Resort this winter. I am going to go visit them in Lima (the capital of Peru). Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment